Can you help with a trip to La Jolla
Here’s Google Bard’s response;
Sure, I can help you plan a trip to La Jolla. Here are some ideas:
- Day 1: Start your day with a visit to the Birch Aquarium at Scripps. This world-renowned aquarium is home to over 3,500 marine animals, including sharks, sea turtles, and jellyfish. After that, take a walk along the La Jolla Shores beach. This beautiful beach is perfect for swimming, sunbathing, or surfing. In the evening, enjoy a delicious meal at one of La Jolla’s many restaurants.
- Day 2: Explore the La Jolla tide pools. These tide pools are home to a variety of marine life, including starfish, sea urchins, and crabs. Be sure to wear shoes that you don’t mind getting wet. In the afternoon, hike in the Torrey Pines State Natural Reserve. This beautiful reserve is home to a variety of plants and animals, including the Torrey pine, a rare species of pine tree. In the evening, enjoy a sunset at Torrey Pines Gliderport. This popular spot offers stunning views of the Pacific Ocean.
- Day 3: Visit the Museum of Contemporary Art San Diego. This museum houses a collection of modern and contemporary art, including works by Pablo Picasso, Andy Warhol, and Jeff Koons. In the afternoon, take a stroll through La Jolla Village. This charming village is home to a variety of shops, restaurants, and art galleries. In the evening, enjoy a comedy show at The Comedy Store. This famous comedy club has hosted some of the biggest names in comedy, including Jerry Seinfeld, Chris Rock, and Dave Chappelle.
Here are some additional tips for planning your trip to La Jolla:
- The best time to visit La Jolla is during the spring or fall, when the weather is mild.
- La Jolla is a popular tourist destination, so be sure to book your accommodations in advance.
- There are a variety of restaurants to choose from in La Jolla, so you’re sure to find something to your taste.
- La Jolla is a great place to relax and enjoy the beach, but there are also plenty of activities to keep you busy.
I hope this helps!
Here is ChatGPT with Web Browsing’s response:
Of course, I’d be happy to help with your trip to La Jolla! To better assist you, could you please provide more information about your trip? Specifically, it would be helpful to know:
1. The dates of your trip
2. Your interests (e.g., outdoor activities, museums, food and drink, shopping, etc.)
3. Your budget
4. Whether you have any specific places in La Jolla that you’d like to visit
5. Any other preferences or special needs (e.g., dietary restrictions, mobility issues, etc.)
Once I have these details, I can provide more personalized advice and recommendations.
As you can see there is big difference with Google Bard and ChatGPT. Google Bard shows visuals and and links to citations right away and answers the prompt. ChatGPT with web browsing asks for more details before it gives any travel advice.
We answered ChatGPT’s follow up questions with the following answers 1. I’m thinking July 4th week, 2. I like the beach, shopping, and restaurants, 3. my budget is $10,000, 4. I would like to stay and visit La Jolla 5. No other preferences
This was ChatGPT’s response and output from my follow up answers.
Great! Based on your preferences, here are some suggestions for your trip to La Jolla during the week of July 4th:
La Jolla has many wonderful accommodations that fit a wide range of budgets. Given your budget, you may want to consider some of the more luxurious options. Here are a couple of suggestions:
– **The Lodge at Torrey Pines**: This is a luxury resort with a golf course and spa. It offers a view of the Pacific Ocean and is near the Torrey Pines State Reserve, which is great for outdoor activities.
– **La Valencia Hotel**: Also known as “The Pink Lady,” this iconic hotel offers luxury accommodations with beautiful ocean views. It’s in the heart of La Jolla Village, close to shopping and dining.
La Jolla is famous for its beautiful beaches. Here are some you may want to visit:
– **La Jolla Shores**: This is a very popular beach with calm waters, making it great for swimming and sunbathing. It’s also near Kellogg Park, which is a nice place for a picnic.
– **Windansea Beach**: This beach is a bit more secluded and is popular with surfers. It’s a nice place to relax and watch the waves.
La Jolla Village offers a variety of shopping options, from high-end boutiques to art galleries. You might also want to check out the La Jolla Farmers Market for local products.
La Jolla has a wide variety of restaurants. Here are a couple of highly-rated options:
– **George’s at the Cove**: This restaurant offers excellent food with a stunning view of the ocean. It’s a great place for a special meal.
– **The Marine Room**: Situated right on the beach, this restaurant offers high-end dining with an incredible view, especially during high tide.
I would recommend booking your accommodation and any special meals or activities in advance, as July is a popular time to visit La Jolla. Enjoy your trip!
Google Bard vs ChatGPT for Using AI for Travel
Eventhough ChatGPT asked a follow up question for more details we still think Google Bard wins this time with helping plan a trip, or things to do, or using AI to plan a trip and travel.
It answered quickly all at once right away and provided visuals with images and links to sources to learn more.
From our experience in AI we really think Google and Google Bard is going to win this AI war moving forward. Just because ChatGPT and OpenAI was first to market we think Google already knew of AI capabilities and are more precise with how the respond with Google bard and rolling it out.
They have some of the top AI experts with DeepMind.
This is one example of how we think Google and Google Bard will win.